Friday, December 19, 2008

It all started with a shot

Last night, while anxiously awaiting our table at Shabu-Tatsu, boy and I were at The Thirsty Scholar reminiscing about 2008 and looking ahead to 2009, and since we will most likely not be spending NYE together, I decided to make a toast. Not with champagne, however, but with a shot:

"To being happy"
"No, to being happier"
"To doing what we love"
"To no regrets"
"Slainte"

Cliche? Perhaps. But it made me pause. What do I love? What do I want to do? Well, at 23, I know what I love, but I don't know what my career should be. Ideally, I'd love to open my own restaurant, but, alas, restaurants are not cheap and are not the safest investment. So, what do I do in the meantime? Eat.

This blog was boy's idea. Seeing as my life pretty much revolves around food, it seemed only natural that I keep track of the restaurants I go to and the food that I eat. And at the very least, it will keep me occupied, keep my writing skills sharp, and keep me away from watching really bad reality tv. Well, we'll see about that last part...sorry boy.

So, a toast: to enjoying the old favorites, to discovering new favorites, and to slipping into food comas as often as possible.

Unbutton your jeans because there's going to be a lot on your plate...

No comments:

Post a Comment