Monday, December 22, 2008

Little Italy during Christmas...

...is beautiful. The food is beautiful, Mulberry Street is beautiful, the caroling is beautiful, even the dirty snow is beautiful. On Saturday night, K1, B, boy, and I went out for "date night" to Il Cortile in Little Italy and it was great. Once they brought the bread out and there was focaccia included, we knew we were in for a good meal...

I am one of the most indecisive people I know so it took me a while to figure out what I wanted, but I was really happy with my decision of spaghetti bolognese with a meatball, even if it was super simple. Definitely wasn't a traditional red meat sauce; it was almost pink in color, which makes me think that they added a little cream to it. Fine with me, especially since penne with a creamy vodka sauce was my second choice. The pasta was perfectly al dente and the sauce was delicious - rich and meaty, savory and flavorful! The red zinfandel paired quite nicely with it, too. Lucky for me, the dish was huge, so I'll have leftovers for dinner on Monday...

Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment